Preparing for the future of Anti-Doping
On the occasion of Anti-Doping Norway's 20-Year Anniversary and in collaboration with iNADO, we hereby invite you to our international seminar dedicated to the Guiding Principles for the Future of Anti-Doping in Oslo 6. - 7. June.
The seminar will address the Guiding Principles for the Future of Anti-Doping and is aimed at sharing best practices from the national level and identifying possible avenues for strengthening the follow-up of the Guiding Principles. We will among others examine the Guiding Principles on Good Governance and Access to Justice, and discuss how to strengthen the follow-up of the Guiding Principles.
Tentative programme for Preparing for the Future of Anti-Doping, 7-8. June 2023 (Exact titles of presentations to be confirmed – detailed program will follow). The final programme will also be published as a printable PDF.
Tuesday, 6. June
Arrival of participants
20:00 Welcome Reception "Wine and Waffles"
Wednesday, 7. June
9:00-16:10 Seminar Day 1:
- Keynotes on different perspectives on the Future of Anti-Doping
- A public authority’s perspective on the Future of Anti-Doping (speaker tbc.)
- The Future of Anti-Doping from the Sports Movement Perspective: Through the lenses of the ITA! (Michael Ask, ITA)
- ADO Governance:
- National Anti-Doping Governance Observer (NADGO) and lessons learned for Anti-Doping (Arnout Geeraert, Universiteit Utrecht / Play the Game)
- Presentations and Panel debate on NADGO the national experiences, lessons learned and how did we follow up?
- Presentations and Panel debate on how experiences from NADO governance can be brought into the broader anti-doping community.
- Keynote: My personal conclusions after almost 40 years in anti-doping: Where we have been and where you should go! (Andrea Gotzmann, National Anti Doping Agency of Germany)
- Wrap-up for today
17:00-20:30 ADNO 20-year Anniversary Dinner, including short presentations of how ADNO is perceived by key partners.
Thursday, 8. June
9:00-13:00 Seminar Day 2:
- Right to justice:
- Presentations and panel-debate: How can today’s system be strengthened from different perspectives?
- Presentations of best practices from national level followed by Panel Debate
- Next steps for the Guiding Principles followed by Q/A and suggestions.
- Wrap-up of the Seminar
13:00 Lunch and farewell
Scandic Holmenkollen Park
Kongeveien 26, 0787 Oslo, Norge
In addition to being a residential area, Holmenkollen has been a ski recreation area since the late 19th century, with its National ski jumping hill - Holmenkollbakken, hosting competitions since 1892. To the north, the area borders to the woodlands area - Marka, with good possibilities for leisure activities – walking, running, cycling etc.
Registration and Hotel
Registration is now closed
Due to large events taking up a lot of the hotel-capacity in Oslo at the same time, we have pre-booked hotel rooms at the conference hotel at a nightly rate of 2600 NOK incl. breakfast on 6.-8. June 2023 (other rates may apply for additional nights). Hotel rooms can be booked through the registration, and paid directly at the hotel. Please note that the location is approximately 30 mins away from the city centre with limited means of transportation and only few other hotels in walking distance.
What is included in the seminar
In addition to hopefully interesting presentations and lively discussions at the seminar, the following will also be included:
- Welcome reception (“waffle and wine”) 6. June 2023 at 20:00
- Lunch and light servings in between sessions 7.-8. June 2023
- Anniversary dinner 7. June 2023.
The participants bear their own cost of accommodation, breakfast, and transportation to/from the seminar. However, in case of a no-show without cancellation before 2. May 2023, the hotel cost will be charged to registered participants.
VISA to Norway
For VISA-purposes you can check out https://www.udi.no/en/
If you need an official invitation to the seminar, please see the contact information below.
For questions, please contact us at [email protected] or call us on +47 917 21 753 (Mon-Fri from 09:00-15:00 (Oslo-time)) and ask for Esten.
Activities and attractions in the area
Guide to the Holmenkollen area (visitoslo.com)
Close to Holmenkollen Park
- Oslo summerpark
- Kollensvevet (Zipline)
- Jump tower